Allah Almighty sent many prophets for the guidance of human beings. All of them preached the teachings of God and advised people to live a life based on the rules of Allah Almighty. Our Holy Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) is the last messenger of Allah upon whom Allah revealed the Holy Quran. Like the end of the prophethood, the revelation of the Holy books also ended. The Quran is sufficient for all humankind till the day of judgment.
The majority of Muslims are non-Arabs. They learn to recite the Holy Quran from Qurani Qaidah but don’t understand the meaning of the Holy Quran. Without learning the meaning of the Holy Quran one can’t comprehend the message of Allah Almighty. It’s mandatory for every Muslim to follow the path of Islam and invest time and energy in learning the Holy Quran.
Darussalam has addressed this issue and published a word-by-word Urdu Quran. It’s specifically written for people who speak or understand the Urdu language. They are in millions. In the process of word by word translation, the publishers followed all necessary rules required for translation as a minor change in the meaning of the Holy Quran is a major sin.
According to Darussalam, the following are the technical requirements they kept in the mind during the translation process.
- In the Urdu translation of the Holy Quran, Arabic words should be retained as much as possible because according to research, 75% of the words of the Holy Quran are being used in Urdu.
- The closer the Urdu translation is to the Arabic text, the more successful it will be in terms of its translation.
- In translation, it is important to ignore every aspect that detracts from the meaning and significance.
- Efforts should be made to maintain the intoxicating style and miracles of revelation in Urdu translation.
- In translation, the accuracy of the meaning should be given priority over the requirements of the language.
- Simplicity, fluency, and convenience should be taken into consideration in the language of translation to ensure an accurate understanding of the Quran word by word.
- If a single Arabic word can be translated into more than one Urdu word, then the most suitable word should be selected keeping in view the context of the Arabic text.
- The rules and regulations should be observed in translation. For this, it is necessary to go beyond ‘Sarf and Nahw’.
This type of Quran is very useful for people who are unfamiliar with the Arabic language. Every Quranic word is in the box and in the sub-box for easy translation. There are 30-pages for Arabic grammar lessons as well as the history of the translation. This Quran is the best learning source for teachers, students, and beginners. High-quality colored pages are used in the printing of the Holy Quran to increase the interest of the reader.
A commentary and translation of the Holy Quran should be prepared which is connected with the thoughts of the Salaf-e-Saliheen and their beliefs. Respected Hafiz Salahuddin Yusuf’s short footnote and Maulana Muhammad Jonah Garhiwala’s Urdu translation of Ahsan al-Bayan has been in respect to the salah-e-Saliheen.
The history of this translation is also mentioned at the end of the Quran which adds to its credibility. It will be very useful to study the translation of the Quran that has been translated under the supervision of Hafiz Salahuddin Yusuf حفظه الله. It has adopted the style of literal translation, which makes it easier to understand the Quran word by word. The nature of this Quran is that this is a modern way of learning the translation of the Holy Quran word for word, with fluent Urdu translation and notes on Quranic grammar. So, it is a special gift for teachers, students, and the general public.
People who want a copy of the Tarjima Quran can place their order online and receive it at the doorstep.